Saturday, December 29, 2012

Prolouge: Brandon Sparks

As I look out at the ocean, I wonder why my life has brought such sorrow. I was brought up in a well to do family. I even fell in love and had a sweet daughter. I don't understand why or how it ended so quickly.

I married at 19 and had Rebecca at 21. Jackie and I had an average life an we had money. We were doing so good before tragedy struck.

I had been working on my latest book and Jackie had tucked Rebecca in. Rebecca was a sickly child and Jackie decided to sleep in her room that night because Becky had a fever again. I must have dell asleep at my desk because the next thing I heard were screams and gun shots. By time I reached my girls, they were dead and a gun was in my face. I tried to get away but the guy hit me in the head and all went dark. I awoke in the hospital and it was confirmed that my family was dead. I relive these memories way too often.. almost daily.

I don't understand why this happened. I would have given up everything I had to keep them alive....anything.

10 years later, I'm 35, single, and living in a new city. I had to get away from that stupid town. They felt sorry for me and I hated it. I hate me too, maybe if I hadn't of ran, my girls would still be alive. Or maybe I should have went to bed when they did. I don't know, I just know I hate myself everyday.

Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and head back to reality. I really need to get some work done on Bending Stark, my new sci-fi novel.

Walking back to the cabin I see something sitting on my patio. Stupid stray dogs, are always getting into my trash. Wait, that looks like a child.


\


"ELIZABETH!!!!!"  I hear some one yelling frantically.
 

Someone has wondered down my isolated road and has lost their child and it's sitting on my patio. I quickly walk up to the child. "You must be Elizabeth." The little girl giggles and starts to crawl off. I pick her up and yell. "She's over here."

"I'm so sorry. We have been walking all day, and I got tired and sat down and must have dozed off. I'm such a terrible mother. Please don't call the officials on me. I don't want to lose her. They will take her and then he'll get her."



"Calm down, miss, I'm not calling any one. Why don't you come in and rest. It's so hot out today. Why are you walking down this way? There's nothing here, that you should be looking for." This lady was obviously distraught and scared. My protective instinct immediately kicked in and I realized I'd do anything to protect this lady and her child.

"I'm running from someone."
___________________________________________________________________________________

What do yall think? I think its a pretty good start. :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, put up the 'followers' thing so I can follow this story! :)

    Oh wow, what a horrible thing to have happened to Brandon! I can understand why he'd always re-live those memories over and over again.

    Now... who is the mystery woman, and what is she running from? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon is sensitive when it comes to ladies in distress. I guess he thinks if she protects her, it'll make him feel less guilty about his family.

    ReplyDelete